What is salvation?
By George Konig and Ray Konig
Salvation is found in Jesus. That is why Christian evangelists often talk about salvation when they talk about Christianity and Jesus. Jesus led a perfect and sinless life. He died for our sins. He was resurrected. Those who believe in Jesus are forgiven of their sins and given the gift of eternal life with God.
Here are some Bible passages that talk about salvation:
- That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9 NIV)
- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16 KJV)
- Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:29-31 KJV)
- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (Romans 3:23,24 KJV)
- Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ ... Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:10a,12 KJV)
This is only a small sampling of Bible verses that explain salvation and you can learn more about Jesus and Christianity at About-Jesus.org.
Click here for list of Christian articles and explanations